Saturday, December 22, 2012

365 Photo Project :: day 304 december 22 :: letters to Sabrina


Dear Sabrina...all the things that remind me of you.


Poem 2  ::  from Daddy


photo of the day:  slipping away


Long Night

Every minute
I spent with 
you 
was not enough.

Even though,
the seconds
became 
minutes,
the minutes
became hours.

Large glass windows
looking over the city.

After the pushing
and the bleeding
we held you,
as if
you were alive,
you're skin peeling
off
so delicate,
you're life
slipped away,
for us,
still slipping.

There is no moment
more vivid
in my mind
than the 
few
hours, I spent
holding you,
wrapped in a 
blanket,
singing silent
night,
looking over 
the city
as 
it slept,
unaware.

It was a world
away,
a fantasy,
an entire universe,
of time 
with you.

I could 
stay
here, forever.

Eventually 
the morning
would come
and 
I must face
the 
reality, that
you 
are no longer,
here.

No comments:

Post a Comment