Monday, December 10, 2012

365 Photo Project :: day 292 december 10 :: Letters to Sabrina

Dear Sabrina...all the things that remind me of you.

silent night




I sang to you silent night as I held you in my arms.  Snow fell softly outside my hospital window, the lights illuminating the flakes.  You were so beautiful.  Soft little delicate features.  I loved your strawberry blond curls.  Everything was so perfectly formed.  I examined you like any mother does.  Taking in every detail.  Those tiny hands, those precious toes, and oh those delicate lips.  
But the night was so silent.  No cries of life, just silence.  And so I sang to you my dear.  Tears streaming down my face and God's peace near.

We sang again silent night to say good-bye at your grave-side.  Family and friends voices sang the sweet sad song filled with the hope of Jesus.  Sleep in heavenly peace my little one.  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment