Friday, December 7, 2012

365 Photo Project :: day 289 december 7 :: Letters to Sabrina


Dear Sabrina...all the things that remind me of you.

pink polka-dot sweater




In September, when the leaves turned to vibrant shades of reds, oranges, and yellows, my belly full of you, I turned 30 along with several friends.  To celebrate, a group of friends from Bellingham, Spokane, and Portland met up in Seattle (in November) for our first (of many) annual ladies weekend.  We ate Italian food on top of Queen Anne Hill, shopped for the holidays, laughed, and shared the kind of conversations where your heart feels full and loved.  
A very special moment took place, one that I will always cherish.  We were in our hotel room late in the evening sharing stories eating chocolate and you were moving!  One by one they placed their hand on my belly and felt your movements.  I was surrounded by the dearest of friends at that moment and they all bonded with you.  


The next day, while shopping at University Village, they surprised me with a pink polka-dot sweater from Hannah Anderson.  I loved it  and knew that when you wore this I would remember that special night with my friends, reminding of their friendship.  

Now the sweater reminds me of you as well.  You never got to wear it but it will aways be yours.  And I'm glad that some of the clothes Sophia and Charlotte wear were once their big-sister Sabrina's.



No comments:

Post a Comment