Saturday, December 29, 2012

Wedding Photo Shoot :: A Lovely December Wedding


After a crisp winter walk, I checked my e-mail and there was a message from a friend asking if I would come shoot backup for her at a wedding that same day.  I was both nervous and excited at the prospect.  I knew it wouldn't be possible since I don't own a flash, but I'd mention it to my husband.  
We had three kids spending the night and their dad stopped by to pick them up.  I told Abraham about the e-mail as he talked with our friend (who just happens to have ten years experience in wedding photography).  He ran out to his car and brought in just the flash (which he picked up from the Goodwill for $15) I needed and gave me a quick tutorial.  It seemed too perfect to say no, so I changed my clothes and off we drove to Sellwood neighborhood and my first wedding shoot.  
The bride was lovely and it was truly on honor to be part of their special day.  I loved every minute of the experience and here is a sneak peek of the photos...












No comments:

Post a Comment