Sunday, March 25, 2012

Saturday at Tyron Creek

The forest is filled with red alder, Douglas fir, bigleaf maple and western red cedar.

a little bird caught their attention 

Abigail full of joy

Ethan peeking through the trees

... and Sophia copying her brother

Abraham being very supportive while I tried out backlighting

discovering

Abbey "Potter" with her broom stick and wand

building a fort

baby  (21 weeks and 6 days)  and me with little Sophia hands




We love to take a picnic to Tyron Creek State Park and enjoy the beauty found within the trails.  With the sun shinning we left our haven of our home and found rest and life in nature.  We packed tissues for those little runny noses, cough drops for my sore throat, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, apples and oranges, baby carrots, peanut butter cookies (which caused a few laughs...that's a lot of peanut butter mom!), water, my camera, and a baby pack (which Abraham carried empty as Sophia preferred my arms).  


Abraham and I believe that out of our love for each other, our home is built, and into our love the kids are welcomed.  And so it is in our love for nature that our children find delight.  The beauty of a flower captures my eye. Sophia crouches down next to me to see.  Abraham hears a bird and Ethan points the Steller's Jay out to his sisters.   And we see and know how great is the maker of all that we see and hear.  


When through the woods and forest glades I wander
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze; 
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to Thee; How great Thou art!
How great Thou art! Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to Thee;
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!

Trillium ovatum flower

No comments:

Post a Comment